Skillful, Compassionate Therapy in Berkeley
Associateships at Blue Oak Therapy Center
Blue Oak Therapy Center is a sliding scale community non-profit psychotherapy center located in Berkeley, California. Our agency allows our therapists to pursue their own clinical and business goals in a supportive, diverse, collaborative environment while gaining hours toward licensure.
Blue Oak Therapy Center seeks qualified post-Masters registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Social Workers (with less than 1500 earned internship hours) on an ongoing basis to join our staff, particularly those who are dedicated to a holistic approach to psychotherapy and who carry the desire to expand their expertise, knowledge, and professionalism. BIPOC, LGBTQIA2+, those with disabilities, and all other therapists with a commitment to support community counseling are welcome and encouraged to apply.
An Associateship at our Counseling Center includes:
- Reasonable financial compensation
- Freedom to pursue your own clinical orientation with your chosen supervisor, to select your own clients based on interest, to create your own schedule, to create a group based on your interest (upon approval)
- Diversity of referrals: individuals, couples/relationships, families, adolescents and children
- Supportive colleagues at the same point in our professional journeys
- An education in business and collaborative decision making
- The ability to bring in clients from previous internships or traineeships, the opportunity to retain clients when you move into private practice, and the opportunity to stay on for one year post-licensure
- Guaranteed 8 evening room hours per week
associate responsibilities include:
- 15-20 hours per week, depending on client load
- Participation in a mandatory weekly meeting: Tuesdays, 9:15am-10:45am and shared weekly responsibilities for administering the center
- Retaining outside individual supervision, subject to the approval of the clinical director
- Two year commitment
- Liability insurance on Day 1 and BBS registration within 30 days of beginning clinical services
Thank you for your interest in our Associateships!
For questions please email us at: email@example.com