Skillful, Compassionate Therapy in Berkeley
Internships at Blue Oak Therapy Center
Blue Oak Therapy Center is a community non-profit psychotherapy and training counseling center located in Berkeley, California. Blue Oak Therapy Center’s therapists represent a wide range of theoretical orientations and offer counseling services for individuals, families, couples, children, teens and groups on a sliding scale basis.
Blue Oak Therapy Center seeks qualified post-Masters registered Marriage and Family Therapy interns on an ongoing basis to join our staff, particularly those who are dedicated to a holistic approach to psychotherapy and who carry the desire to expand their expertise, knowledge, and professionalism. We welcome applicants from diverse cultural backgrounds and sexual orientations.
An internship at our Counseling Center includes:
- Reasonable financial compensation.
- Diversity of referrals: individuals, couples, some adolescents and children.
- A supportive community.
- Openness to a variety of psychological orientations including: transpersonal, expressive arts, relational, cognitive behavioral, somatic and psychodynamic.
- The ability to bring in clients from previous internships or traineeships.
- Independence in creating your own schedule.
- An excellent basis for developing skills and client load for moving into private practice.
- Opportunity to do long term work with clients.
- The opportunity to create a group based on your interest, upon approval.
- Guaranteed 8 evening room hours per week.
- Weekly peer consultation group: Tuesdays, 9am- 9:45am.
Intern responsibilities include:
- 10-20 hours per week, depending on client load.
- Participation in a mandatory weekly meeting: Tuesdays, 9:45am-10:45am.
- Identifying and working with an off-site supervisor(s) who has been approved by the Clinical Director. Supervision may be individual, group, or both.
- Maintain professional and liability insurance.
- All interns share responsibility for administering the center. Some tasks include:
- Administrative duties.
- Telephone intakes.
- Maintenance and cleaning.
- CAMFT and BBS liaison.