Skillful, Compassionate Therapy in Berkeley
David Heliotis, MA
Registered Associate MFT, #100768
Registered Associate PCC, #4143
Supervised by Mary Smyer, LMFT#49782
More information to come soon.
Education and Trainings
I began counseling as a volunteer for the Peer Counseling Collective at the Berkeley Free Clinic, where I worked with people from the Berkeley homeless community, university students, and others who valued the clinics mission to provide free healthcare to the public.
After two years of service at the free clinic, I entered the MA in Counseling Psychology program at Sonoma State University. While studying at Sonoma State, I completed my practicum at the Lomi Psychotherapy Clinic in Santa Rosa. At Lomi I was trained in using mindfulness and somatics in therapy.
Since returning to the east bay after receiving my degree, I’ve continued my training in somatics with my supervisors from Lomi through their Body Wisdom Psychotherapy trainings. I’m happy to bring what I’m learning from them to my work at Blue Oak.
- Through Body Wisdom Psychotherapy with Theresa Beldon and Kitty Chelton:
- A View Into Our Beginnings: Existence Stage of Development
- Knowing Your Needs: Need Stage of Development
- Exploring The World With Support: Autonomy Stage of Development
- Finding Your Power: Will Stage of Development
- Working the “Body Knot” – A Somatic Communications Model
- Somatics in Couple’s Therapy
- Lomi Psychotherapy Institute, Santa Rosa, California
- M.A. in Counseling from Sonoma State University